The esteemed and highly competitive Global Korea Scholarship 2021 has become open for applications. The GKS 2021 was formerly referred to as KGSP Korean Government Scholarship Program. Global Korea Scholarship 2021 in Columbia is a fully-funded scholarship for masters and Ph.D. degree programs. The Korean government backs this worldwide scholarship in Korea. The KGSP 2021 will select 1278 worldwide students from 155 countries who wish to who would like to pursue a graduate-level degree (master’s or doctorate) or research in Korea.
All selected students are going to be placed at different universities in Columbia. This is because the Korean Secretary of state for Education aims to improve worldwide exchanges and competitiveness. There are other than 104,000 worldwide students who’ve been about this Korean scholarship since 2016.
Fields aren’t limited. All candidates would get lots of choices to pursue their careers. There are two ways to get this worldwide scholarship, either submitting their documents towards the Korean Embassy of the country or straight to the domestic college of Korea.
Why you ought to study at Columbia? Then the Countries in Europe, Columbia, offers well-prepared scholarships, cheap bills, and accommodation costs. Furthermore, all worldwide students build mix-cultural understanding, explore worldwide laboratories, and experience different metropolitan areas of Columbia.
Among the best and top scholarships globally, this South Korean Scholarship (Global Korea Scholarship GKS 2021) stands out. It’s just like other fully-funded worldwide scholarship grant programs, for example, US Fulbright Scholarship, Chinese Government Scholarship, Australia Awards Scholarships, Poultry Burslari Scholarships, Austria Government Scholarship, Brunei Darausallam Scholarship, Romania Government Scholarship, Nz Government Scholarship, Netherlands Government Scholarship Stipendium Hungricum Scholarship, and Daad Scholarship in Germany.
Global Korea Scholarship 2021 | Study in Korea:
- PhD Programs
- Research Programs
- Master’s Degree Programs
- South Korea
Available Universities and Field of Study:
- Refer to the ‘2021 GKS-G Available Universities & Fields of Study’ file attached in the Application Guidelines for general information. Contact each university for further information.
GKS Scholarship Duration:
- Master’s Degree Program: 3 years
- 1 year of the Korean language program
- 2 years of a degree program
- Doctoral Degree Program: 4 years
- 1 year of the Korean language program
- 3 years of the regular degree program
- Research Program: 6 Months
Benefits of the Korean Government Scholarship 2021:
The fully-funded scholarship in South Korea will cover all expenses of the selected students. The scholarship will cover:
- Airfare (Return Air Ticket)
- Settlement Allowance: 200,000 KRW (offered once after entry to Korea)
- Monthly Allowance: (Degree Program) 900,000 KRW per month, (Research Program) 1,500,000 KRW per month
- Research Allowance
- Liberal Arts and Social Science majors: 210,000 KRW per semester
- Natural Science and Engineering majors: 240,000 KRW per semester
- 1-Year Korean Language Training Fee: Fully covered
- Medical Insurance: 20,000 KRW per month
- Degree Completion Grants: 100,000 KRW
- Korean Proficiency Grants: 100,000 KRW per month
- Degree Program Tuition: Fully covered
- Thesis (Dissertation) Printing Fee Reimbursement
Eligibility Criteria of Global Korea Scholarship 2021 in South Korea:
- All international students can apply.
- Korean citizens are not eligible to apply.
- A candidate applying for a graduate program must be under the age of 40 years.
- A candidate applying for a graduate program must have a high bachelor’s or master’s degree and 90% marks.
- A person who has already availed of the Korean scholarship is not eligible to apply.
- A candidate should be in good health.
How to Apply for Global Korea Scholarship 2021?
There are two ways to apply for the Korean Government Scholarship Program 2021. Either to the Korean Embassy of your country or directly to the domestic university of Korea.
- While applying to the Korean embassy, a candidate needs to dispatch original or attested documents to the embassy.
- On the other hand, applying directly to the university requires a candidate to submit all documents to the domestic university.
- An applicant applying via embassy can apply in 3 universities whereas an applicant applying directly to the university can apply only in 1 university.
- Students passing round two of the Embassy track process should not consider it the final selection.
Required Documents for GKS South Korea Scholarship 2021:
- Recommendation letters
- Published books
- Certificate of Proficiency
- Medical Assessment form
- Attested transcripts
- Statement of Purpose
- Every countries’ Korean embassy and the domestic university has different deadlines, so hurry up and apply as soon as possible.
For more information about the Global Korea Scholarship 2021 in South Korea, visit: